Table of Contents
While you’re drawing up your log cabin plans, let’s talk about how to shop for log home siding for the exterior and interior. All log cabin siding is not the same and you should shop around for quality and price before making a decision. Quality varies a lot from one home improvement store to the next lumber yard down the road. You can save a bundle of money on the best wood products by purchasing them online on sale.
TIP: Don’t buy your wood products from the first dealer you visit or recommended to you. Patience is still a virtue because your log cabin is a major long-term financial investment. You want the best log siding for the hard-earned dollars you will spend on it. The following five ideas will give you plenty of food for thought on how to shop for log style home siding.
What Is High-Quality Log Siding and What Do I Look For?
You should expect to find the following characteristics in high-quality Pine log siding:
- Pieces that are correctly kiln-dried for moisture content and for the acceptance of stain.
- Hand-inspected siding that assures you it is free of defects.
- Properly planed surfaces that you expect in great-looking wood.
- Consistent dimensions on all pieces of siding, trim, and molding
- Tongue and groove sides with the end-matching system.
- Knots that are tight and none that are missing.
- Choices of smooth, hand-hewn (peeled), or pre-finished surfaces.
When your order arrives from our mill, make a quick visual inspection of a few pieces of siding and you will see the quality stands out. We guarantee everything we see to your satisfaction. Read about the advantages of our log siding over log home kits.
Can I Find What I Need Locally?
You may find some of what you need locally, but the quality products you really want are limited at these stores. From my experience, if the lumber dealer does stock the type of wood desired, you must pick through a lot of pieces to find a few high-quality boards. It’s typical to find many that are bowed and warped beyond use and you can waste a lot of time and effort sorting through the stack.
Do yourself a favor and order all your products through America’s leading in log home building products – the WoodWorkers Shoppe. We mill and stock many styles and profiles of siding, trim, molding, and corner systems you won’t find locally. We understand what our customers want and strive hard to please them with the best products and service.
What About Prices?
How would you like to get high-quality log siding at very affordable prices? Check out these three styles of log cabin siding that fit any budget or project.
|Quarter Log Siding||Half Log Siding|
Our prices on Pine siding are very competitive and you can view the current prices for the following sizes:
Quarter Log Siding – 2×6 and 2×8
Half Log Siding – 3×6 and 3×8
Premier Log Siding – 3×8 and 3×10 Deep D
You will be pleased with the quality and prices of all three styles of log siding. You will love these freight and discount prices:
- “Free Freight” based on your location and the amount of product purchased.
Other freight discounts are offered if you do not qualify for “Free Freight”.
- Freight Discounts begin with a $2,500 purchase.
- Valid on shipments within the continental USA
Should I Buy Trim, Molding, and a Corner System from the Same Source?
|Window Trim with a Durable Finish||Butt-n-Pass Siding Corner|
The short answer to this question is “Yes” and here’s why:
- The quality level of all trims, moldings, and corner system will be the same.
- You save money and time by bundling all your wood products together in one order.
- You save many dollars on shipping costs this way.
- Everything will arrive in one shipment to the site of your choice.
- TIP: Order a little extra in case you make a few measuring or sawing mistakes.
Want to know how to install log siding? Watch this video for a great overview.
The Best Place to Find What You Need
Find everything you need at our retail outlets or our online webstore. We are the #1 choice for all your log cabin building needs. We offer all these high-quality exterior and interior items.
- Log Siding and Pre-finished Log Siding
- Corner Systems and Peeled Logs
- Log Railing & Stairs and Sikkens & Caulk
- WeatherSeal Stain and Perma-Chink Lifeline Stain
- Knotty Pine Paneling and Pre-finished Paneling
- Barnwood Paneling and Cedar Paneling
- Knotty Pine Flooring & Decking
- Trim, Moulding, Corners
- Wood Doors and Stairways & Railings
- Log Mantels and Rustic Lighting
- Beam Covers and Log Trusses
- Cabinetry – Kitchens & Baths
Call us today at (800) 818-9971 with all you siding and cabin questions and needs. We are happy to help you estimate all the materials for your dream log cabin or log home and provide a free consultation.