our Top Log Siding Features
- Why You Should Consider These 6 Forms of Log Cabin Siding
- Quarter Log Siding Is Affordable
- Half Log Gives a Fuller Log Look
- Premier D-Log Is the Biggest and Best
- Hand-hewn Log Siding Takes You Back In Time
- Pre-finished Log Siding Is the Fastest Way to Go
- Barnwood Paneling Gives the Looks of Reclaimed Wood
- Ordering and Installing Your Siding is Fun and Efficient
Why You Should Consider These 6 Forms of Log Cabin Siding
Log cabins are springing up all over the U.S. and there’s no slowing the trend in sight. If one of your major goals is building that dream log cabin, now is the time to get started. You can save thousands of dollars and many hours of back-breaking labor by constructing it with log siding instead of full round logs.
Any of the following six forms of log siding is fast and easy to install on the exterior and interior walls of any style cabin. If you have basic woodworking skills, you will appreciate the project even more by getting involved in its construction.
All styles have the tongue and groove with the end-matching design for a perfect fit. Select the pine siding profile you like best and contact us for any additional product information or advice from our experts. Pine wood also has many other outside and inside applications in home building.
Quarter Log Is Affordable
Quarter log provides an authentic log cabin look without the full log price and its challenges. Both 2×6 and 2×8 sizes are appealing in their rustic beauty and charm. Its firm ¼” tongue and groove ensures a lock-tight design on the sides and ends of each piece.
|Quarter Log Siding||2×6 Log Trim||3×4 Log Trim|
Order 2×6 or 3×4 D-trim for trimming around windows and doors and a corner system to complete the job.
Half Log Gives a Fuller Log Look
This half log profile provides the strongest single tongue and groove system in today’s market. Its strong ½” tongues and grooves create a sold fit on all sides and ends of the logs.
|Half Log – Siding||3×6 Log Trim||4×4 Log Trim|
Its bold 3×6 and 3×8 sizes are a perfect combination of appearance and price for your prized log home. Add the 3×6 or 4×4 log trim and a matching corner system and you’re in business!
Premier Deep D-Log Is the Biggest and Best
Premier Deep D-Log provides the deepest profile and the most authentic look for a true log home. Enjoy this knotty pine siding with all its character and charm inside and outside your cabin.
|Premier D-Log – Siding||4×4 Log Trim|
Enjoy either a 3×8 or 3×10 size on the exterior and interior of your log cabin. Trimming around windows and doors is easy with our 4×4 and 4×6 sizes and choice of corner systems.
“All styles have the tongue and groove with the end-matching design for a perfect fit.”
Hand-hewn Log Siding Takes You Back In Time
Enjoy the best of both worlds with the authentic old-time look of hand-hewn logs and the effectiveness of modern manufacturing. Everyone will think this siding was created with an axe by hand because it is so realistic looking. Modern processing creates tighter joins than making them by hand.
This amazing log siding is stained an attractive color to bring out its beauty and can be sealed for years of protection. Cabin owners love the warm and cozy feeling they get by being surrounded by nature inside and outside their cabin walls. Install the window and door trim and corner system of your choice and enjoy the cabin life. Find out why homeowners prefer log siding over log cabin kits.
Pre-finished Log Siding Is the Fastest Way to Go
If you want to speed up the construction of your home or cabin, use pre-finished log siding inside and out. Here’s why you should consider ordering all your siding in a pre-finished condition:
- You get to choose the color and the stain brand.
- There’s no delay in waiting on the weather, drying time, or scheduling a painter.
- The time savings is great – up to 50% compared to finishing on the job.
- It arrives at your site sealed against the elements and ready to install.
- The siding is professionally finished and better than you or I could do.
- Pre-finished siding is available in all log profiles and corner options.
- Get caught up and get ahead of your schedule with this fabulous product.
Barnwood Paneling Gives the Looks of Reclaimed Wood
This weathered gray barnwood paneling simulates old reclaimed barnwood and is another beautiful option for your cabin walls.
Our barnwood paneling is available in 6” and 8’ widths and is created from northern pine wood. It goes through a unique process to simulate old wood with the texture and character made by nature. We recommend using this clean wood rather than old, reclaimed wood that can contain nails, screws, bugs, odors, toxins, and warped pieces.
Ordering and Installing Your Siding is Fun and Efficient
Our siding specialists will assist you in selecting the profile and amount of siding needed for your dream cabin. All of our wood products are hand-inspected to ensure you get defect-free siding, trims, and corner systems. Our prices are fair and our customer service is world-class to provide you with the best available.
Sources and References
The economic log siding solution for the everyday log home, available in smooth or hand hewn, 2×6 or 2×8 in knotty pine or cedar…(2×6 & 2×8 *Pine – 20% off)
Half log siding is our most popular siding style. For those who want a true log home without the full log price, our half log is available in smooth or hewn, 3×6 or 3×8 in knotty pine or cedar…
3×7 Cedar now available! (3×6 *Pine – 25% off, 3×8 *Pine – 20% off)
For the log home enthusiast. An upscale look at the possibilities of a log home without the cost. Available in hand hewn only, 3×8 or 3×10 Premier Deep D in knotty pine or cedar.
(3×8 Premier *Pine – 20% off, 3×10 Premier *Pine Deep D – 25% off)
Check out our basic interior log siding installation video to see the ease of the end-match (no waste) system:
full printable log wood siding installation instructions for all applications
Three Natural Woods to Consider for Your Next Project
Choose from Cedar, Red Pine and White Pine log siding for the look you desire. Choosing interior, as well as exterior siding, is always an option to consider. Each type of log home siding has its own style and appeal at the best price online. Every variety of our siding is available in smooth, finished, unfinished, and hand hewn finishes. Barnwood is another exterior and interior siding/paneling option that has a flat profile and has that rustic looking appearance which is common in today’s décor.
We manufacture and stock a complete line of interior and exterior log siding for homes, businesses, and more. Selecting the highest quality wood for our log cabin siding. We oversee every step of the process, from cutting down the trees in the forest to the final delivery of our log house siding. Nothing is overlooked, because our quality is of the highest standards with prices that are fair and surprisingly low. Our delivery drivers are friendly and courteous and handle your products as if they were their own. Visit our Pinterest Page for a full gallery of projects that use our log cabin siding.
*please note* this video is only for minimal guidance and the proper use of fasteners, along with the application of stain/sealer and caulking are required.
- “We wanted to take the time to thank you and your company for the fabulous wood we received from you. All of us have diligently been putting up our log siding, trying to beat the weather. We will forward some pictures for your website as soon as we get done.”Jeff Chamberlain – Lapeer, MI
- “Remember me? I’m the school teacher from New Jersey that purchased the quarter log 2×6 siding from The Woodworkers Shoppe last summer. The exterior of my lake home has been completed and only the interior needs some finishing touches before we move in. I thought I’d send you a photo of how the siding looks. We love it! Once I finish landscaping and we move in I’ll send you a “finished product” photo. Thanks once again for your help in finding the siding that was perfect for my needs.”Doug Castellana – Sussex, NJ
- “After almost a year, I finally take the time to thank you for delivering this beautiful log siding. I had a lot of pleasure doing business with you, the product came as described and right on time. Price wise, you have no competition, your prices are the best one can find. I installed the siding in the interior of my restaurant in Tahoe and combined it with river rock and your knotty pine T&G for the ceiling. I’m glad I went with your trim & molding for finishing windows and doors, it was perfect! The wood came in very good conditions and the prep. was easy enough. The installation was amazingly fast and I had almost no waist at all (I built a custom salad bar with the left over!). I have attached a couple pictures, feel free to use them at your convenience. I look forward to including your products in my next project. Thanks again”Gerald Palomares – Lake Tahoe, CA
- “Just a quick email to tell you how pleased I am with your product. I had purchased the quarter sawn 2 x 8 some time ago from your company and every piece went together nicely. I did not find one bad piece in the whole two pallets!! Thank you so much!!”Loren Coney – Shepherd, MI
- “I finally finished my basement project. The log siding, doors, mantle, and post covers were perfect. Everyone who sees it loves it. It was a lot of work and I never thought I’d get it done. I am so glad it’s over and it really turned out great. Thanks for a great product and all the help with shipping and ordering etc.”Russ Boehm – Indianapolis, IN