Table of Contents
Create a Gorgeous Rustic Custom Kitchen Cabinetry for Your Log Cabin
The kitchen is the heart of most homes because it’s the center of family activities. From food prep and cooking to entertaining and using the table for homework, we frequent this area more than ever. Since we spend a lot of time here, why not create a more rustic and appealing atmosphere to enjoy in your log cabin?
Five elements in your plans should include the type of wood, cabinet design, type of finish, custom specifications, and hardware. Each of these is interrelated and can be combined to create the perfect kitchen for your log home.
Choose the Wood to Meet Your Cabinet Décor Needs
A wide range of native woods is available to create your rustic and elegant kitchen cabinets. Choose from this list for kitchen or bath cabinets, islands, and bars:
- Knotty Pine is a favorite
- Cedar has rich colors
- Ambrosia Red Maple is amazing
- Clear Pine is elegant
- Oak is contemporary
- Hickory is durable
- Aspen lightens up cabinets
Each wood variety has its natural characteristics and beauty. View this photo gallery of assorted woods, colors, and designs to help make your selection. Each one is durable and will last for generations for all to enjoy.
Design Your Custom Cabinets with These Benefits
Choosing custom-designed cabinets has advantages over stock cabinets found in DIY stores. Custom cabinetry is not limited to height, width, and depth like stock units and they are made with sturdier and more durable materials. You will also appreciate these benefits:
- They are one-of-a-kind to meet your personal preferences
- You have the option of choosing custom or standard sizes
- They have solid-wood drawers and doors
- You get sturdy ¾” birch ply-box construction
- Drawers have strong 120 pound slides
- Dove-tail drawer joinery adds quality and long life
|“Five elements in your plans should include the type of wood, cabinet design, type of finish, custom specifications, and the hardware. Each of these is interrelated and can be combined to create the perfect kitchen for your log home.”|
Start by accurately measuring the spaces for the cabinets and designing the layout. Submit this plan to the cabinet makers including the type of wood, cabinet choice, smooth or hand-hewn surface, color, and finish. They will take your ideas and create gorgeous rustic cabinets for your log or conventional home.
Clear Coat, Stain, or Painted Finish on Kitchen Cabinets?
You can vary the appearance of your kitchen by using a clear coat, stain, or painted finish.
- Clear Coat – Clear Coat does not add color to the wood because, as it implies, it is a transparent finish. It brings out the natural colors and characteristics with a smooth and durable satin look. Clearcoat resembles looking at a photo under glass.
- Stained – Cabinets can be stained with a variety of colors from light to medium to dark to satisfy your décor and color scheme. Stains can be covered with a clear coat to create a beautiful and rustic finished product.
- Painted – Painted cabinets can add another dimension of color that can enhance the knots, grains, and mineral streaks of wood. You can make it light with a whitewash or go with darker shades to vary the natural characteristics.
Just remember to be very specific about colors and finishes when ordering your custom kitchen cabinets.
Why Homeowners Like Our Custom-made Kitchen Cabinets
There are more benefits in owning custom-made cabinets that you will appreciate. One is their
sturdy construction with stable woods that customers praise. Another is the joints are stronger than most factory-made cabinets and they do not pull apart with normal use. The sides, backs, doors, tops, and shelves are made with the best materials. Hours of hand-crafted work go into each set of heirloom cabinets.
Every part of custom cabinets is made from hand-selected wood that provides high quality and beauty.
Each unit is easy to install because we keep our customers in mind when crafting them.
Select the Hardware to Complete Your Kitchen Cabinet Project
You will need to make a set of decisions for the cabinet hardware to complete your kitchen project. Shop around for the following pieces for your doors and drawers:
- Door pulls or knobs
- Drawer pulls or knobs
- Hinges and closers
- Their placement
- Materials and colors
Many options are available online or at your favorite building materials store. HINT: You may want to wait until your cabinets arrive to match the colors. We hope these ideas help with your new kitchen cabinets and that you will enjoy them for many years. You can call us at (855) 906- 5520 for more information on the same