Table of Contents
A Comprehensive Guide
Log Corner Systems are the perfect way to complete your outdoor living space. They provide a natural and rustic look that can enhance any setting. In this comprehensive guide, we will discuss all of the different types of Log Corner Systems available, as well as their features and benefits.
What are Log Corner Systems?
Log corner systems are exterior finishing products used to create a more finished and polished look on the corners of your home.
Types of Log Corner Systems
Below are some of the most common types of log corner systems:
V-Notch Log Corner Systems
These are the most popular type of log corner systems. They have a V-shaped notch in the middle of each log, which creates a clean and polished look.
Overlap Log Corner Systems
Overlap log corner systems have logs that overlap one another, creating a more rustic appearance.
Butt and Pass Log Corner Systems
Logs that are joined together at the corners with no overlap are called butt and pass log corner systems. They have a simple, clean look that is great for any home decor style!
How to Install a Log Corner System
Installing a log corner system is a simple process that can be done in just a few minutes. Here are the steps to follow:
- Measure the length and width of each corner you want to cover.
- Cut your logs to size using a saw or miter box.
- Place the logs into position on your home’s exterior walls. If necessary, use a nail gun or hammer to secure them in place
- Seal all exposed seams with silicone caulking and paint over any unsightly gaps between logs.
The benefits of using a Log Corner System
- Log corner systems are durable.
- They are low maintenance
- They come in a variety of colors, so you can customize your home’s exterior decor style!
- Log corner systems are also eco-friendly because they’re made from natural materials like cedar, pine, or fir trees.
- Logs don’t require any special tools to install, so they’re perfect for DIY projects!
- Log corner systems can be installed quickly and easily.
- Logs are available in different sizes to fit any space on your home’s exterior walls. Logs will last longer than other types of exterior finishing products because they don’t rot like plywood or vinyl siding might over time due to moisture buildup inside those materials. For decades, logs have proven themselves as an effective and durable exterior finishing product!
- Log corner systems can be used on any type of home, whether it’s new construction or an older home that needs some updating.
How to Choose the Right Log Corner System for you
You need to consider a few things when choosing the right log corner system for your home.
The Style of your Home
Log corner systems come in three different styles: v-notch, overlap, and butt and pass. Therefore, choose the system that suits your home best.
Consider the Climate in your Area
Log corner systems are not a good choice for homes located in very humid climates, as they can become waterlogged and rot over time. So, choose an option that is well suited for your climate area.
The Size of your Home
Logs come in different sizes, so make sure you measure your home before purchasing any logs. The size of the home determines the length of the logs you will use and the number of logs used.
The Number of Corners your Home has
Log corner systems work best for homes with four sides, but they can also be used on three-sided homes. Log corner systems usually come in sets of four or eight logs depending on whether you’re doing all four corners (four logs) or just one side (eight logs).
The type of wood
Different log corner systems use different varieties of logs. The logs that are most commonly used are from cedar, pine, or fir trees. Logs are typically pressure treated with a chemical preservative to prevent rot and insect infestation; however, some people prefer untreated logs because they believe it gives them a better grip when handling them in rough weather conditions like snowstorms. Logs can also be painted any color you want!
An important thing to consider is the price of the log system. Log corner systems can vary in price depending on the style of logs you choose, the size of your home, and the type of wood that’s being used. So, choose a system that fits your budget.
If you’re looking to add a touch of elegance and functionality to your home, log corner systems are the perfect way to do it. At The Woodworkers Shoppe, we offer a variety of different top-notch quality log corner systems.